wheel of the year
The Wheel of the Year upholds the eight crossing points of the path of the Sun. The most well-known are the Equinoxes and Solstices; along with these are four other cross-quarter points. Together they represent the changing of the seasons. On these special days, we come together to share food, socialize and remember our Grandfather Sun and each other.
You may wish to bring; a blanket & meditation pillow, plus offerings of tobacco, flowers, stones or just you! You can also bring a drum, shaker, singing bowl or instrument. Newcomers and visitors are always welcome! Please follow us on Facebook for up-to-date information.
potluck dates 2022
* Please note there are some date changes! All events are no-alcohol events.
- FEBRUARY 1st — Imbolc Festival of the Spring Waters ; On line Event
- MARCH 20th — Ostara the Timing of Resurrection ; Banff Canmore Community Foundation
- MAY 1st — Beltane the rising Fertility in the Land ; Banff Canmore Community Foundation
- JUNE 20th — Litha the Summer Solstice Picnic and Fire; 5:30 - 9:30 pm Cascade Ponds or Incase of poor weather Banff Canmore Community Foundation!
- AUGUST 1st — Lammas the First Fruits of the Land ; picnic 11:00 - 3:00 pm location Morley Reserve (closed event for members only)
- SEPTEMBER 21st — Mabon the Autumn Equinox Fall Harvest (time of the Bear) ; Banff Canmore Community Foundation 6:00-9:00 pm
- NOVEMBER 1st — Samhain the Time of the Ancestors ; 6:00 at Ria-Mae's home!
- DECEMBER 22nd — Yule the Winter Solstice (time of Buffalo) ; PENDING